The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Tuesday, November 10, 2009
 
My 10 Months of Grief-Stricken Thinking
    Wow! Hard to believe it's been so long since I've posted here. Reasons; hmmm...let's see:    I STILL haven't done something that the literature and counselors and well-meaning advisers tout: Consciously redirecting one's life. I don't feel the need. Yes, there's a definitive break in my life between my mother's and my extraordinary adventure and my life now, but my life has been full of "definitive breaks" in circumstance. Assenting to be my mother's companion back in 1993 was one of those breaks. This business of negotiating breaks is nothing new. I continue take this break day by day. That's how I've always lived. It's always worked for me. Can't think of a reason to change, now.
    If you're curious about my personal grief experiences, I've just written a post covering those over at In Sane Grief.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger