The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Monday, May 11, 2009
 
Forgive my giddiness...
...a few moments after I published a post on my nascent Open Salon blog, it was labeled as an Editor's Pick! I began blogging over there less than a week ago. Today's post is only my second. My intention was (and is) to write about a variety of subjects, not necessarily my mother's and my adventure (as I've been doing exclusively here), although I hadn't excluded that possibility. After watching The Memory Loss Tapes episode of the HBO series, The Alzheimer's Project last night and posting on it here, because I was so impressed with it and am aware of how few visitors I receive at this journal, I couldn't rest until I'd written a review of it at my Open Salon blog, incorporating some of my immediately previous Mom & Me post but amending, adding to, subtracting from and rewriting a lot of it, in order to encourage further interest in the series. Since that is only my second post at Open Salon, I was astonished that it was so quickly noticed and selected as an Editor's Pick.
    Forgive, dear reader's my excitement and shameless self-promotion. I'm so surprised and pleased I couldn't help it!
    Later.

P.S. at 1610 MST:  And, later it is! I just noticed the article mentioned above has been placed on the cover of Open Salon! I'm stoked!
Comments:
Congrats Gail! You are a consummate writer and it is wonderful to see some recognition for all the effort you put forth. Way to go!
 
And deservedly so! As a professional writer and sole caregiver to a husband with advanced MS (thank God for home-based freelancing), I admire your skill at capturing your experiences in a way others can begin to understand.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger