The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Saturday, May 09, 2009
 
By the way, while I was writing...
...the P.S. over at Insane Grief to my Mother's Day post below, flowers were delivered. The same sister who was concerned about my possible reaction to Mother's Day this year sent me a bouquet delightfully filled with some of Mom's all time favorite flowers: Huge Sunflowers (oh, god, how she loved these); Indigo Irises (as though they had come from our private stock in the backyard, a benefit from one of this house's previous owners, that thrilled Mom); A variety of carnations in complementary colors ("These always remind me of the tissue flowers we used to make when you girls were young, do you remember those, Gail?"); Goldenrod, and tiny lavender flowers for accent, and; a finishing touch of greenery.
    Perfect for my mother's (and my) favorite oblong yellow opalescent vase that arrived for Mother's Day a couple of years ago with an arrangement ordered from the same sister. I had even saved the tulle ribbon that had been tied into a bow through holes in the top of the vase!
    Yes, I burst into (easily controllable) tears when I answered the door and accepted the unexpected delivery. And, yes, they were tears I would not have wanted to miss.
    Thank you, MFS, from the bottom of my soul. Thank you, all my sisters, for thinking of me this weekend. You can be sure, I am thinking with equal concentration and love about each of you. And Mom. And everyone, everywhere, whose Mom now exists in Another Frame of Reference. Happy Mother's Day, to all of us.

    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger