The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Tuesday, May 26, 2009
 
As seems to be happening fairly frequently of late...
...I'm back after an extended absence, as you'll notice from the freshly published post immediately below. I want to mention, writing that post finally galvanized my interest in watching a movie I rented from Netflix several years ago (exaggeration, but only slight) that I expect will have a direct connection to the immediately previous post. The movie is The Ballad of Narayama. Although it may seem obvious to you, from the description of the movie to which I linked, why I haven't watched it until today, actually, it isn't the anticipation of its raw vitality that has kept it out of my DVD player: It's that I haven't wanted to think, much, about what I've been watching and I've suspected this movie is going to catalyze a lot of thought. Today, it seems, I'm ready. Stay tuned. Expect a post on the movie within the next 24 hours.
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger