The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Thursday, February 12, 2009
 
If it wasn't obvious, last night was one of my Broken Sleep nights.
    It wasn't because of grieving, or anything connected to the effect on me of my mother's death. Because yesterday was an unusually physically strenuous day and I haven't had one of those, well, since December 8, 2008, at 0709, after relaxing and eating dinner I decided to pop a significant dose of ibuprofen to ward off any shoulder and back strain I might have provoked shoveling snow and take a nip-it-in-the-bud nap. I awoke a couple of hours before midnight, channel surfed for a bit, read some (I'm trying hard to get through our next book club book, which is entertaining but not particularly interesting), took a short walk in the amazing snow-reflected light of the 3/4 waning moon, wrote the immediately previous post, then, still full of energy and feeling good, decided to figure out if there was another way to access information about the dying experience on the internet.
    I started simple, googling "dying". Bingo! It seems that the search terms I used which led to writing this post was not the most productive phrase. "Dying" led me to "dying process", which yielded much better results. Although not exhaustive, since I'm pretty well satisfied with my results from reading Chapter Fifteen of The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, I'm listing some links that might be of interest to those of my readers who are approaching, encompassed by or surviving the experience of accompanying someone through dying. The following links are not, by the way, in any particular order:    Although I'm sure there are many more resources on death, dying and grieving in cyberspace, I don't think I'll be actively searching for them, anymore. I'm satisfied, now, with what I've found and am confident that, if you're looking for cyber information and support, the suggestions and resources in this post and to the right in the Honorable Hospice & Death Blogs will start you on a fruitful search.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger