The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Friday, February 27, 2009
 
Here's a great Life Story...
...a companion to the Death Story linked in the immediately previous post, written and produced by the same person who is responsible for the video (also linked in the immediately previous post) You're Going to Die, timothy furstnau. Although this Life Story is not an audio/video, it's tone is so similar to You're Going to Die that as, I read this project (link to timothy furstnau's selected projects), I was able, without effort, to imagine it being narrated by Vito Acconci. Just as timothy furstnau's Death Story made me feel, well, "good" wouldn't be the right word, probably "copacetic" would be better, about Death, this story makes me feel more accepting of life than usual.
    Later.
Comments:
GREAT FIND!!! I looked through some of his other projects and missed this one. It is a good companion piece. You can really imagine everything he is writing.

Thanks for being a adventurous explorer. Things like this is what I love about the internet.

Furstnau wrote the text for "You're going to die" -> Someone made a video/performance art piece to it ->Someone posted it online/YouTube ->someone posted the link on a popular website -> a friend of mine emailed me the link -> I posted it to Pallimed: Arts & Humanities -> Months later I emailed it to Jessica at The Good Death -> Then you discovered it at her blog -> Then you posted about it and this other art piece -> Then I saw your post -> and now I am commenting on it.

Without the internet....this would likely have never happened. Amazing.
Someone emailed me the link to that video
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger