The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Saturday, January 03, 2009
 
Mistaken Coincidences
    Turns out, I was mistaken in one of the subsets of coincidences in this post, but the resolution actually strengthens the coincidences. The ship-over-the-horizon story was told to MPS by MFS, not by MPS's pastor. The story was related during that week of family reunion over Mom's death and MPS had never heard the story; both those points were correct. MFS read the story to MPS from "a card or something" that she had saved and kept handy because she particularly liked the image of death created by this story. Although I'm not positive, I believe that MFS has had this story for awhile. Thus, in John Edward parlance, the name of the ship being the same as our mother's first and last names would be considered a "big, big billboard" type of message, specifically designed for MFS. I love this idea. I enjoy thinking that none of these coincidences was coincidental.
    Despite the initial errors as I recounted the coincidences I also continue to find it interesting that when I searched for the story in order to give it a source and, as well, a telling that didn't depend on my sad inability to relate short-short to-the-point stories (including jokes), the first and best example of it fit my admittedly mistaken understanding about how MPS came to hear the story.
    Just had to correct that.
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger