The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Tuesday, December 23, 2008
 
Reports from the Outside World - 1
    When my mother was alive and no longer getting out much, as I ran errands I'd notice all kinds of things that I knew would interest her, made notes about them on the fly (one of the reasons I always carry a small notebook with me) and report back to her, telling her, "I've got another report from the outside world, Mom, that I know you'll love!" One of her favorite types of reports were of bumper stickers I knew would tickle her, puzzle her, cause her to think. When we were in the car together she was an inveterate, intemperate, sometimes obnoxious, bumper sticker reader. When she no longer occupied the passenger's seat in our car, I'd collect "the good ones" for her consideration. I have no idea, and wouldn't care to guess, if my mother is still aware of life here. I like to think that, at least part of the time, she is, though, so, here's a Report from What Is Now Even More of an Outside World for her than previously, a bumper sticker I noticed as I was running errands today, made for my mother:
Healing the World One Nap at a Time
Open Yourself to the Possibilities
    I couldn't help it, you know me, the habitual researcher. I plugged the phrase into Google. The very first result that popped up was this. Scroll down the page. Notice the place where these stickers originate? Prescott, Arizona! How curious is that!
    Outside, outside world to my Ancient One: Mom, if you hear me, take a nap, now!!!
    If she reads me, she's grinning, raising her figurative index finger and eyebrows, saying, "Good idea! I think I'll nap on that!" and looking for a place to sleep.
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger