The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Saturday, November 29, 2008
 
Really successful, enjoyable visit!
    Mom was in her element, I was completely relaxed despite all the little observations and interventions (changing O2 tanks, administering breathing treatments on time, administering pills on time, attempting to get her to blow her nose once, which was unsuccessful) that must continue no matter what's going on here. I decided, at the start of her day, to forget stats and just make sure that she received an extra glipizide during her day. Good thing I did. My mother ate from the time company arrived to the time they left.
    She had such a good time that she wanted to forget about napping, when company left, and rehash the visit. I could see, though, that while her spirit might have been up to this, her body clearly was not. I didn't argue, though, I just told her that, in any case, we needed to make a trip to the bathroom, change out her underwear, etc. Once there, she decided she was "overdue" for a nap.
    I guess no one from The Dead Zone showed up, today. As we were finishing up in the bathroom Mom mentioned to me that she was "glad that all the other people" didn't show up. It would have made for a confusing visit, she said. This way, "we all got to enjoy each other's company."
    Although I will awaken her once more before night sleep, as her hours, lately, have driven us into the wee morning, so it will be appropriate and, of course, there are medications that need to be administered (I constantly tease Mom that, "you can't do anything without a pill"), paper underwear that needs to be changed, etc., I expect it will be a short "evening". I'll mention continuing the Apes fest, but I expect that will be tabled until tomorrow. My guess is that the Visit Rehash will take place between 2230 and night sleep time. I'm looking forward to learning what struck her about the visit, and, for that matter, who she remembers was here.
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger