The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Wednesday, November 05, 2008
 
Mom's down for a nap, already.
    She's been down since 1430, which is a little early for her, even considering that she arose on her own at 1130, but, considering, as well, how tired she's been, lately, and that she was so tired after the Hospice RN's visit, that she decided she wanted to be wheeled into the bathroom and into bed, "I'm just too tired to walk," she said, I figured, hey, if I was 91 and had lung cancer, maybe I'd be tired.
    So, considering that today is blessedly quiet, I'm thinking maybe it's a nap day for me, too. I can't remember the last time I had a nap, although it's probably only been a couple of months. I'm not usually a nap person, actually, but, today, I could easily disguise myself as one.
    I wanted to get a few things down, though, from the RN's visit, today.    So, you know, we continue to hang in there.
    And, with that, she said, I think I'll see if I can steal a nap this afternoon.
    Later.
Comments:
Gail,

The level of detail you deal with is amazing - you need a project management certification for this job!

Glad to see the hospice staff is working so well with you.

Take care,

Mona
The Tangled Neuron
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger