The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Sunday, September 07, 2008
 
Well, I'm feeling a bit more hopeful...
...primarily because, this morning, I've been reading Hospice Blog more thoroughly, particularly the 73 posts labeled "Medicare". Rather than compose a written defense, immediately, I've decided that it would be better to have a conversation with the Medical Director (she and I work amazingly easily and successfully together) about all this before I fly off the handle and present an hysterically, freaked, multi-paged document over their fax machine. My mother, after all, is a cancer patient and, when qualified for hospice, her condition was such that she could easily have been said to have six months or less. It is not that she has improved, or that she's in remission, I'm sure, it is that she is in an environment (our home) and under the type of care (including mine and Hospice's) that agrees so completely with her that she is able to shuffle herself through each day with the assumption that she'll be able to shuffle herself through tomorrow, as well. And, she does.
    So, for my own purpose, I want to list a few evidences that, although her decline is so slow as to be imperceptible during the hour a week when the Hospice RN sees her, it is still evident. I will run this list by her Hospice to see if it makes any difference:    There may be additions to this list before tomorrow and my planned conversation with the Medical Director. Maybe even after that. In the meantime, my charged brain is working hard to prepare me, mentally and emotionally, for the conversation I want to initiate with the MD. And, I'm feeling a bit calmer about all this, especially since I did some research very early this morning, before going to bed, about Home Health Care, which may be an interim option for her to keep her out of the inappropriate (to my mother, that is) hands of hospitalists.
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger