The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Monday, September 08, 2008
 
Well, I didn't do the "conversation" thing.
    After sleeping on it and thinking about it, I realized I wanted everything I had to say in writing, it could be referenced as my mother is being evaluated. I faxed it off early this afternoon. It included pretty much what I've written here and information from Life After Death Sentencing, for the last week. Bless my loquacious heart, it went on for a little over four pages. Without repetition, as far as I can tell. Turns out, the Hospice Medical Director, to whom it was addressed (I addressed it, as well, to all who are involved in my mother's care), is off on Mondays. I think she told me that once before. That's fine. This isn't a decision that's going to be made immediately.
    I was so grateful to "The Hospice Guy" who writes Hospice Blog that I dashed off a note to him yesterday thanking him for the calming and clarifying perspective his blog gave me. He returned the note saying that it has been his intention to provide information on the business side of hospice care for clients and their families, as well as acting as a sounding board for hospice professionals. I can tell you, I am so glad that blog is out there. Learning about the business side of any service is always a good idea. It puts things in a realistic light. The perspective of this blog is unusually balanced, complete and low key. If you're involved with hospice or are expecting hospice care for a loved one, good idea to visit this site, just to get an idea of what goes into providing this kind of service. Trust me, it's not scary. If anything, it takes the fear out of the entire process by providing a forthright view of the business behind the service.
    I know, I am waaaay behind on my intentions for posting, here. It's so easy, these days, for me to accidentally lose control of our life and find it leading me rather than us leading it. You'd think, with all the time Mom sleeps, I'd have plenty of time to get everything done and sit back and journal. Think again. Right now, just about everything is in some state of neglect. But, you know, I'm cruising. So's Mom.
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger