The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Tuesday, September 16, 2008
 
Mom fell tonight on her way into the bathroom for bedtime preparation.
    Don't get excited. Everything's fine. I wrote all about it here, at the current movement journal, second bullet. As my mother said, just before settling in for sleep, "Nothing like stirring up a little excitement."
    Tomorrow will probably be an interesting challenge, but we're good at negotiating these kinds of things, so I'm not worried. The Hospice RN will be showing up tomorrow, for which I'm grateful, in case it appears, in the morning, that she might have injured herself more than was indicated tonight. She'll probably be sore, and, I imagine she'll assent to more acetaminophen that she usually does. But, we've been through worse, her back injury in 2003, for instance, so I'm sure we'll get through this just fine. Mom's courage remains as high as it was then...and I'm quite a bit more experienced in taking care of her than I was at that time. I will, of course, continue to update her condition, probably mostly at Life after Death Sentencing, but I'll insert plugs here for any pertinent posts.
    What an evening!
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger