The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Sunday, August 17, 2008
 
Turns out, even without access to my Mac files...
...(that's right, I still haven't restored those files), after much fooling around in the archives trying to find what I thought was a third transcript (I misremembered how many podcasts I transcripted) I discovered an easy way to restore the Podcast index. I searched Google for a cached file of the old Mom & Me index page template and, damn, up it came! I had to change the two links to the transcripts to point to their new archive positions, but, other than that, it appeared intact. I guess it's true, you can find anything on the internet...even stuff that no longer exists!
    We haven't done a Gene Kelly movie day, yet. Mom discovered that I'd taped Evan Almighty for her a while back. When she noticed it on the DVR index earlier today as I was scanning dance movies she asked about it. After I described it to her, including the controversy the film generated, she decided she wanted to see it first. I have to say, despite the spiritual silliness and confusion of the film, I was surprised how much I enjoyed Steve Carrell, so the afternoon wasn't a waste for me. Post-nap (we're doing those late, late days, again) we'll be watching a review of Gene Kelly's career that I recorded and, probably first, Singin' in the Rain, which I love inordinately, especially, like everyone else, I guess, the "Singin' in the Rain" masterpiece dance. Looks like we'll be lingering over Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers and Gene Kelly for more than the weekend. Well, that's good. They are keeping my mood up.
    Almost time for An Awakening, late supper and a movie. Or two.
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger