The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Sunday, August 10, 2008
 
Some slightly shameful self-promotion...
...sort of. As I've been archiving (which is to say I haven't been thinking much about posting regularly and presently in the main journal), I've run across a couple of old posts the locations of which I want to remember and, secondarily, it occurs to me they might be useful for companion/caregivers to Ancient Ones who are looking for validation and psychic relief, so I've added them to the Mom & Me Too Special Posts over there on the right. The new ones are the last four posts. The titles are summaries of what the actual posts contain, so don't be surprised, if you decide to click into any of them, that the titles of the post are different than the titles of the links. As well, the link entitled Don't Support Your Local Caregiver is tongue-in-cheek.
    Although, as I think I mentioned before, I'm trying hard not to read posts or comments as I archive so that the job moves as fast as possible, the comments, especially, tend to attract my eye when significant words appear (which they often do). I have to say, in gratitude to all my readers past and present, what spectacular readers/commenters I've attracted throughout the years! Without you, I fear, these journals would be simply dead series of words and words and words...I am such a lucky woman! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    I've guiltily given Mom an extra half hour, even though I've heard some feeble reconnaissance coughing since 1230 (which marked her 12-hour-sleep-mark) coming from her bedroom. Being who she is, she never begrudges me extra sleep time. I'm trying hard to work us back to normal hours and, so far, so good, so 1300 isn't completely out of the way. By Tuesday we should be back to 1100, which is good timing considering that this is the day of the week when our Hospice RN visits. Which reminds me, I actually have some stuff to post about the last few visits, but, for that...
    ...later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger