The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Sunday, August 17, 2008
 
Oh dear, what can the matter be?"
    Actually, I know what the matter is. It involves a phone call, a dream, some points made in Dancing with Rose (which I have finished, about which I will be writing, probably later this week and with which I was fairly thrilled and, alternately disquieted) and probably "the planets", all elements converging sometime while I slept Friday night and throwing me into a horrible, sad mood before I awoke Saturday morning. I'm sure I'll post about that, later, but first, I want to write about the beginning of the resolution.
    Off topic prologue: While I was searching for the lyrics to the song title I've used for this post (which is a song my mother started singing after I'd awakened her yesterday morning and told her that I was not in a good mood), I noticed some alternate lyrics (which, I assume, are accompanied by the same melody, but I'm not sure) I thought my readers might appreciate. The immediately previous link takes you to them.
    So. Before I awoke my mother [an hour later than usual, when I thought I could face, with only slight difficulty, caregiver duties, which occasioned me discovering how to clean a particular item which I'd never cleaned and dreaded: Her bed wedge; turns out it was incredibly easy], well, you can read about that here, where I posted a bit about yesterday, since the entire day involved Mom's Movement Profile.
    Super idea, even though launched in desperation, taping the Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers movies. Although I wasn't sure they would do anything for me, they did. I'm still sloshing through the dregs of my mood, but at least I'm not in the teary doldrums. That helps. Today I'm taping TCM's Gene Kelly Day, for the same reason. It's just one of those weekends.
    Again, I find myself stalling in awakening Mom, not because I don't trust that she'll come through for me again (companionship, even that which involves caregiving, is, truly, a two way street), I'm sure she will, even though I'm not feeling so awful that I'll be announcing my mood before she completely opens her eyes, but I'm continuing to slosh through Dreg Soup, so much so that, although my intention is that we won't take another Stat Vacation Day (which we did yesterday; it was liberating, but I haven't yet decided whether to extend this), I expect we will be eating fast food, Mom's choice. Oh, damn, that's right, I forgot to record Friday dinner over at The Dailies. Better get over there. It was another fast food night. She's been craving our Fast Food Rounds, lately, and I'd been holding off because of the desserts she's also been craving, but I finally relented Friday night.
    Hmmm...anyway, I've written a bit differently than I expected, and, I see, with all the interruptions, I've accomplished little, so I think I'll sign off, correct Friday's Dailies entry, and awaken Mom, again an hour later than I intended but, considering how well yesterday went, I expect that we'll both be appreciative of this.
&   nbsp;Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger