The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Sunday, July 13, 2008
 
Yesterday both Mom and I had a bad day.
    The cause of my bad day was exhaustion caused by hyper-alertness. I haven't yet been able to settle myself to a point where I don't automatically and suddenly abandon sleep in response to every little movement in the house. This is taking its toll. Yesterday I was so tired that, even after taking a feverish nap during Mom's nap, I felt like I still needed a nap.
    I'm not sure what was the cause of Mom's bad day. Could have been an accumulation of things, including:    She was, however, up for her usual number of hours, didn't sleep more than usual, ate well and, even when I wasn't chatty, she remained so. She was hard to get going, though, in the morning, and hard to keep going. I fashioned a new phrase to get us through this, clearly boot-camp in quality and very effective. In case you're curious, click into the immediately previous link, which leads to yesterday's movement report.
    Most of today will be spent getting ready for company. Can't remember whether I've mentioned it, but MPS and MPNC are visiting tomorrow through Thursday. I'm not at all stressed about this, which is wonderful. Somehow, abandoning all my previous Visiting Rules has completely drained stress from visits. Funny how that works: When rules aren't appropriate, anymore, abandoning them eases the situations to which they previously applied.
    Gotta check my lists. Oh, and I have a promised post to write. Not sure whether it will be long or short. This is a good time to do it, though.
    Sooner, rather than...
    ...later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger