The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Thursday, July 10, 2008
 
Spiritual Counseling has been postponed until July 21st...
...at 1500. Not a big deal. Because Mom's day yesterday was lethargic and mired in lots of day sleep, we had a good evening, lasting until around 0230 this morning, devouring episodes of Sex and the City, which we haven't done in awhile. We talked, on and off, about the appointment today. Mom felt sure that she'd not mind cutting into her 12-hour-night-sleep to be ready for the appointment. She's excited about it. After just spending a good 45 minutes just trying to coax her to the edge of the bed, though, it became apparent that today is not the day for spiritual counseling. She seems to feel okay, although I remain concerned about the yellow sputum she coughed up yesterday after her nap and mentioned in yesterday's Dailies post. Since she's had several days of clear or white sputum and she is supposedly still under the influence of the antibiotics I administered to her through last week and the beginning of this week, I'm hoping this will not continue. I'm going to simply observe, today. If it continues, I'll call the Hospice nurse tomorrow and mention it.
    At any rate, she's not into getting up, right now, and I can live with that. At this point I'd rather not interrupt her sleep anymore. I remember mentioning to the Spiritual Counselor that even if she was eating her breakfast at 1400 a visit would be fine. But, you know, I have this feeling that breakfast will not even be on the table by 1400, today...although I'm sure it will be in the works.
    The Spiritual Counselor mentioned that I should know that "she may get her days and nights mixed up." I chuckled and said, "Oh, yeah, I know. We've been doing this for at least a couple of years. I just go with it. This is my job so it makes sense that we follow her schedule."
    The Spiritual Counselor's response was a gentle, approving silence.
    Oh, my! I think I hear a reconnaissance cough! Better check it out!
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger