The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Friday, July 04, 2008
 
Some of the fault may have been mine. Oxylated: Part 3
    From what I've been researching this morning, TriCare kicks in on Hospice when Hospice is delivered by a TriCare approved provider. Considering that the hospital through which my mother received her pre-hospice care is a TriCare provider and the Hospice provider is under the auspices of this hospital I just assumed (yeow, I know, don't remind me) that this hospice provider is an approved TriCare Hospice provider. Looks like it may not be; although I can't be sure of this, either. Thus, the problem with the oxygen reimbursement.
    So, at this point, I have to wait until Monday to check with TriCare West and with our Hospice provider. If our chosen Hospice provider isn't also a TriCare provider, there is one in the area who is, only one; and, according the Medicare/TriCare Hospice regulations, we do have the right to switch providers once during each benefit period.
    And, I'm still dragging the floor, energy-wise.
    My god, this is ridiculous. How in the world does anything medical ever get done in this country? No wonder we're up to our eyeballs in bad medical care! Jesus!
    In the meantime, I continue, by day, to figure how many days I have left in my two week inside decision point...and my month outside decision point. This is absolutely wrenching my soul. I am truly in doubt about my strength to get through this.
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger