The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Thursday, July 03, 2008
 
Oxylated: Part 2
    Part 1 being the immediately previous post.
    So, this afternoon Intrepid Hospice Nurse Team Leader (from here on to be abbreviated IHNTL) calls to tell me the following:    "I don't know about you," [a direct quote from my mother when she suspects something funny is going on and is about to confront it] but it sounds to me as though I'm getting a royal runaround...rather as though my mother has been selected to be either our oxygen company's or our Hospice company's scapegoat, or both, over oxygen.
    Not going to happen, people. At least, I hope not. I want to say, at this point, in case anyone out there is connected to any Hospice organization, the time when people need hospice is not the time when you want to present them with impossible choices for which, previous to Hospice entering the picture, there was no need.
    Forgive my heightened suspicions at this point but I've noticed that each Hospice employee with whom we've spoken has made it clear, at least once per employee, sometimes more, that we are always free to sign off Hospice. I didn't, previously, find this odd. Now, I'm beginning to wonder, simply because of the problems we've had with procuring sturdy, usable Durable Medical Equipment and, now, the problem we're having with remaining with our oxygen delivery system, if the reason we are told this so frequently is that part of the Hospice Game Plan is to pummel clients with choices that are designed to make their lives harder, rather than easier, and hope that some of their clients sign off for this reason...thus keeping their costs down.
    I'm sure I'll have more to add to this particular episode in my mother's and my adventure with Hospice. I will label them as "parts" of the "Oxylated" story.
    Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm. Lots to think about.
    I'm going to write yet another short post...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger