The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Thursday, July 24, 2008
 
Mom has had two "weak" days...
...followed, yesterday, by a semi-weak day. After two of her weak days, in which I was the power behind her throne, I had a semi-weak day, yesterday, too. I ached throughout my shoulders and arms from the effort it took over the previous two days to maneuver her around. I was incredibly tired, despite decent sleep...and, yet, at least in the morning Mom needed more than the usual help. My day was fairly painful. A couple of times I told her, as she seemed to strengthen throughout the day, that I did not have my usual strength and I needed her to help me by perking up a bit in movement and, last night when she settled into bed, making the extra effort to move herself back on the mattress once she was prone. I directed her but let her do it herself. She did.
    I'm feeling better today, despite getting less than decent sleep. I guess, luckily, my muscles are coming out on top of the punishment. Good. I'll need the extra strength, now, I'm sure, on a fairly regular basis. One optimistic observation: My back and legs weren't aching, so they much be pretty much up to par, now.
    I hear my mother's timely reconnaissance cough. We agreed on an 11 hour sleep last night, just to try it, and I guess she subconsciously incorporated it. I want to direct interested readers to the miscellaneous observations over at The Dailies report for yesterday. Some of you might find them interesting.
    I have one more occurrence from yesterday to report but I'll do that...
    ...later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger