The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Sunday, July 20, 2008
 
I've heard Mom coughing off and on for a little over an hour...
...and checked on every episode but her eyes have remained resolutely closed, telling me she isn't ready for me to consider her coughing reconnaissance. I'm going to attempt to arouse her at 1300, which will be her 12 hour sleep mark. Even though today isn't one of her favorite days (cloudy, rainy, cool, muggy; which are, of course, my favorite), I'm expecting success, as I can tell she's already worked her way out of sleep...she's just hanging out in that "I don't want to get up yet" zone.
    I just finished Final Gifts. At this point, I'm grateful for the practical reminders it sets forth that will keep me on my toes. MPBIL and I had a bit of conversation yesterday about "nearing death awareness" in which one word he used triggered an interesting reminder for me. The word he used, as he confirmed what I meant when repeating the label the book uses for these experiences, was "neurological". And, of course, they are, although the book discusses them in a social, psychological and spiritual context. For the next several hours my brain quietly worked on a variety of issues related to these experiences and to life, itself:    Ahh, now that one sounded like a reconnaissance cough! Right on time.
    Later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger