The Mom & Me Journals dot Net
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver, continued.

Apologia for these journals:
    They are not about taking care of a relative with moderate to severe Alzheimer's/senile dementia.
    For an explanation of what these journals are about, click the link above.
    For internet sources that are about caring for relatives with moderate to severe
        Alzheimer's/senile dementia, click through the Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs in my
        links section to the right.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals [a bit dated, at the moment]

Sunday, April 20, 2008
 
A thought I'm having...
...while performing various keeping-home chores, pursuing some of my own interests and awaiting my mother's arising from her nap: I am studying old age, as I live with my mother, now, but I'm not learning it. I won't learn it unless and until I enter it. Whether I will enter old age remains a mystery. Sometimes I hope I do...sometimes I hope I don't. I don't even know if my hopes will have any bearing on the matter. I know, though, if I do enter and learn old age, that is when I will also learn the full measure of the person who is my mother...and my own full measure.
Comments:
OK, Gail, maybe you're not learning "old age." But I would guess you're learning a lot from your mom and from your own experiences taking care of her. That's what makes your blog so interesting...

Mona
The Tangled Neuron
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger